What is the u3a?
The u3a is a unique and exciting charitable organisation which provides life-enhancing and life-changing opportunities. Retired and semi-retired people come together and learn together, not for qualifications but for its own reward: the sheer joy of discovery!
Nationally, over 450,000 members have joined one of over 1,000 local u3as.
What does Salford u3a offer?
Currently we have nearly 30 activity groups, and approximately 300 members. Some of our groups meet outdoors (eg Bird Watching, Walking), some are more cerebral (eg Bridge, Science) and some are quite definitely social (eg Luncheons, Theatre). Whatever your inclination, you are sure to find a group which you are interested in attending, where you can discuss, learn and socialise with a really friendly and welcoming group of people. We share our skills and life experiences. Please see the Groups page for a full list of activities.
If you would like to join us, download a membership form today, or if you would like more information please Contact Us.
Your membership includes:
- Nearly 30 varied activity groups
- Monthly social meetings with invited guest speakers
- The national u3a magazine published 5 times a year
- The option of joining regular trips within the UK and abroad
- ….. and the opportunity to make many new acquaintances and friends!