Convenor: Geoff Anthony, 0161 790 0803 – email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Venue and Time: Members of this group meet at 2pm on 4th Tuesday each month at St Pauls Community Centre, Walkden.
This is a small friendly group, some with science experience, others with an interest in science. We discuss a wide range of scientific subjects from artificial intelligence to medicine and human biology. Everyone is free to bring their own ideas or questions or just come and listen. From time to time we will invite an external speaker to bring new expertise to the group.
If you are curious about how nature works. If you are interested in climate change or in the latest developments in science and technology, this might be the group for you.
Come to ask questions and to share your own knowledge. If you wish to go further and prepare a talk, we have a projector and computer at our disposal.
Anyone interested in attending future meetings should contact: Geoff Anthony, Group Leader on 0161 790 0803
Subjects visited recently have included those below.
- Detergents and the chemistry of washing up
- Transistors, light emitting diodes and photoelectric cells
- Silicate chemistry and minerals
- Memory and the brain
- Artificial Intelligence
- A Practical Introduction to the Main Rocks of the Earth (external speaker)
- Probability theory and maths.
- Black Holes
- 3D Printers
- The Hubble telescope
- History of Forensic Science (external speaker)