Convenor: Geoff Anthony
To contact Geoff, please email email@example.com marking the subject line of your email ‘FAO: Geoff Anthony’.
Venue and date/time: Meetings take place at 2pm on the 4th Tuesday of each month at St Paul’s Community Centre, Walkden.
This is a small friendly group, some with science experience, others with an interest in science. We discuss a wide range of scientific subjects from artificial intelligence to medicine and human biology. Everyone is free to bring their own ideas or questions or just come and listen. From time to time we will invite an external speaker to bring new expertise to the group.
If you are curious about how nature works or interested in climate change or in the latest developments in science and technology, this might be the group for you.
Come to ask questions and to share your own knowledge. If you wish to go further and prepare a talk, we have a projector and computer at our disposal.
Subjects visited in the past have included:
- Detergents and the chemistry of washing up
- Transistors, light emitting diodes and photoelectric cells
- Silicate chemistry and minerals
- Memory and the brain
- Artificial Intelligence
- A Practical Introduction to the Main Rocks of the Earth (external speaker)
- Probability theory and maths
- Black holes
- 3D printers
- The Hubble telescope
- History of Forensic Science (external speaker)